Thursday, January 05, 2006

Attitude

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
I have found that a good attitude will take you a long way in the business world. We all face the same economic challenges, and have the same number of hours in a day, but we do get to select our attitude. Either way, bad situations will occur.....how you react can make a big difference in what happens next.

I have had the misfortune of being laid-off three times in the past seven years, due to companies closing their doors. That is no fun (especially with no severence package). But I never moped around and felt sorry for myself. I realized that my career path had some bumps and curves in the road, but that just provided more vistas from which to view the world. My positive attitude has always lead me to bigger and better opportunities (some of which came years later).

How about you. How is your attitude? There is a bumper sticker that says "Attitude is contagious, is yours worth catching?". I love that. Who would want to get close enough to catch a poor attitude?

Have A Great Day.

Thom Singer
www.thomsinger.com
thom@thomsinger.com

2 comments:

Chuck Brady said...

You know Thom I can not stress how strongly I agree with what you wrote here. I heard recently that pessimists get sick 8 times more often than do optimists.

It is our positive attitude that makes life so much better, not the circumstances life gives us.

I live my life by the principle that our biggest challenge is not aiming to high and failing, it is aiming too low and succeeding. Our attitudes are everything.

Cheers,

Chuck

Steve Harper said...

There are some interesting articles that I read over the past year that says ATTITUDE has everything to do with health. My sister is a 10 year cancer survivor because, I believe, she had the attitude to survive it.

Great post Tommy Boy!