Friday, September 29, 2006

Friday Parade

My friend Ruth is doing something cool on her blog called "Flaunt A Friend Friday". Each week she celebrates the efforts of someone she knows and highlights what makes them special.

How much better would the world be if everyone looked beyond themselves and praised their friends on a regular basis? Even just one day a week would bring joy to everyone.

Additionally I have found many people look to find flaws in all that is around them. I think we should do just the opposite and look for what makes people, projects, companies, products )and all the random stuff) unique and exciting.

Therefore I am going to copy Ruth's idea and each Friday on The Some Assembly Required Blog I am going to have a feature known as "Parade".

Today I want to highlight Sweet Leaf Tea. I realize that not everyone who reads this blog will be familiar with this delicious soft drink product, as they do not yet have full international distribution. However, some day soon you will know about Sweet Leaf Tea, and discover how good it is to drink!

The company is based in Austin, Texas and is a quintessential Austin company. They have a great product, but more importantly the people who work there are cool. I have met some folks at the company (although I do not know them well), and they all enjoy their jobs and they LOVE their iced teas.

I am going to let you in on a secret....the best flavor is the Peach Iced Tea. I always buy one at Taco Deli (another wonderful local company) or other restaurants and coffee shops that carry the product. I have also heard that the Mint Tea mixes will with Tito's Vodka (yet another cool Austin company), creating an adult beverage known as a "Tito's Sweet-O". Sounds good on a warm Friday afternoon!!!

If you can't get Sweet Leaf Tea in your geographic area....then hound your local markets until they wise up.

Congratulations to Sweet Leaf Tea for being just the unique type of company and product that deserved to be the first post for the "Friday Parade" on this blog.

Have A Great Day.

No comments: