Friday, September 18, 2009

My Imaginary Friend Might Get Hired To Speak

Don't think for a minute that you are not being noticed. The little things that you do in your life are recognized and recorded by potential clients. Something like a random blog post can lead to opportunity.

I got a call from a potential client who wants me to speak to her Real Estate office. She is interested in the networking topic, and knows that her agents would benefit from my message, but she also wants a message of creativity and breaking out of the rut that has occurred to many in the rough economy.

She asked if half my talk could be on networking and half could be on creativity. She wondered if I could deliver the first part as "myself" and the second half as my childhood imaginary friend, "Chuckie"? Her exact comment was "something like a Hannah Montana / Miley Cyrus concert" (thank goodness I have pre-teen kids or I would have had no idea what she meant!).

She had read my blog post from last week about the re-discovery of my childhood imaginary friend (and his dog), and had spent time the rest of the week pondering the idea of a presentation delivered by "Chuckie". She believes too many people lose touch with imagination and it leads to everyone reacting exactly like everyone else. That is not a good way to stand out in a highly competitive industry like Real Estate.

Hey, if Chuckie can write a guest blog post, he can speak to a business audience!

I am not sure how I feel about my imaginary friend squeezing in on my business. I am fairly certain he will demand half the speaking fee!

Have A Great Day.

thom

2 comments:

Tim Homan said...

I actually would rather hear from Chuckie. Is Chuckie an author also? Maybe a book will follow.

Serina Wells said...

I picture you leaning from one side of the stage to the other, engaging yourself in conversation, much like you are your own dummy, ha ha. Definitely no lack of creativity in this idea.