Friday, August 24, 2012

Cool Things My Friends Do -- Dave Lutz and Jeff Hurt Are Always Serving Those In The Events Industry

Each Friday on this blog I enjoy highlighting some of the cool things my friends do in their work and personal lives.  


Today's post is not so much about a single cool thing, but instead a "thank you" to a couple of guys who have been very cool (and helpful) to me and others.  In a world where too many are focused on self... it is wonderful to see people who are real givers.

I met Dave Lutz 18 months ago at a conference where I was the keynote speaker.  About the same time I got to know Jeff Hurt via Twitter and other social media communities.  Both of them have become friends and mentors.

They, along with the very cool Donna Kastner, make up the team at Velvet Chainsaw Consulting, Inc.

Velvet Chainsaw Consulting exclusively services companies and associations with their annual meetings, conferences, education and events. They also help technology, service and membership organizations establish and execute plans and processes that result in improved business results.  Their expertise includes – education program design, social media strategy, virtual or hybrid meeting strategy, competitive assessment and change initiatives. Basically, they help make your major meetings bigger and better.

I am highlighting them in my weekly "Cool Things My Friends Do" blog post because they are doing cool things for their clients (they have unique ideas about how to re-invent annual meetings and other events).... but beyond that they always go out of their way to help others find success.

They have helped me several times in formulating ideas for my business, and have introduced me to key people in the meetings business.  At first I was honored that they took a liking to me.... but then I realized it was NOT about me.  Nearly everyone in the meetings and events world tells similar stories about how Jeff and Dave are willing to to help, share ideas, and brainstorm paths to success.

By the way.....Their blog (mostly written by Jeff), Midcourse Corrections, is a must read for everyone who works in and around business and association events.  

Have A Great Day

thom singer


1 comment:

Dave Lutz said...

Wow Thom, thanks for your kind post! We really appreciate your passion for helping attendees get the most out of their meeting experiences. So glad our paths crossed!