Friday, March 22, 2013

Cool Things My Friends Do - Patrick Henry's New Book: The Pancake Principle

Each Friday on this blog I enjoy highlighting some of the cool things my friends do in their work and personal lives. 

My friend Patrick Henry (not the "give me liberty or give me death" guy) just released his new book, The Pancake Principle.  In this entertaining book he shares his "seventeen sticky ways to make your customers flip for you".... and weaves his personal experiences with sage advice to better serve the world.

Patrick is one of the first people I met when I joined the National Speakers Association four years ago.  He is a second generation professional speaker who weaves his down-home southern wisdom with humor and an occasional song (he is also an accomplished guitar player and song writer).  It has been great to see his career expand over the past few years, and his book is a key part to what will be continued success educating and entertaining corporate and association audiences around the country.

Patrick, and his wife Lesley, were among an amazing group of people who made me feel at "home" at my first NSA national conference.  They both grew up around the business (Lesley's mother has worked for a legendary professional speaker for over 30 years) and they are a great example of how a career as a speaker really is a "family affair".  (side note: Patrick and Lesley actually originally met through the organization as teenagers attending the NSA Youth Leadership Program.....a very cool story, actually).

As I look back at a year of "Cool Things My Friends Do" posts each Friday, there are several times I have written about new books that my friends have released.  No matter how many people I know who publish new books... it is ALWAYS very cool --- and a huge accomplishment!!!  I think we need to remember to celebrate the milestones that impact the lives of those around us!

Congratulations to Patrick on this great publication! Order your copy today at Amazon.com.

Have A Great Day.

thom singer

PS - I almost forgot, each of the 17 chapters begins with a home-made pancake recipe.  My kids are thrilled to have me cook my way through each flavor of pancake!!!




No comments: