Friday, June 14, 2013

Cool Things My Friends Do: Sara Singer - ACG Chapter Executive Extraordinaire

Each Friday on this blog I enjoy highlighting some of the cool things my friends do in their personal and professional lives.

My wife, Sara Singer, is the Chapter Executive for the Central Texas Chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG).  She has been in this job for six years, and does a great job of running the programs for the association (which includes both Austin and San Antonio).  She had spent over 10 years working in the hotel business, so her meeting planning experience comes in very handy in her current position.  (I always say if you want to find someone who knows how to work hard, seek out someone with experience in the hospitality industry!).

Each June the chapter hosts the Central Texas Growth Awards, which honor companies of all sizes in the region that have demonstrated outstanding growth.  In good times, and in bad, the Central Texas region continues to have companies that are expanding.  This year there were 12 finalists selected from a huge number of nominees, and four companies were honored at the gala luncheon on June 12, 2013.

This awards lunch is now in its 8th year, and is the largest event that Sara oversees in her role as Chapter Executive.  The luncheon has grown to 200 attendees, and is consistently one of the best local networking meetings for middle-market companies in the region.

While there are many people on the ACG Central Texas Board, and other volunteers, who contribute to make this event a success, I am impressed by the work Sara does behind the scenes to ensure that all the pieces come together.  The event runs like a well-oiled machine, and she makes it all look so easy.

I am excited to include Sara in one of my "Cool Things My Friends Do" blog posts.... as she is both cool... and my friend!  If you have never attended an ACG event in Austin or San Antonio, I am sure she would be glad to tell you more about their monthly lunches, the Toast to Private Equity, the Annual Golf Tournament,  or the Awards Luncheon!

Have A Great Day

thom singer 

No comments: