Friday, May 30, 2014

Cool Things My Friends Do (Week #107): The CEO Tightrope by Joel Trammell


Each week on this blog I enjoy highlighting some of the cool things my friends do in their personal and professional lives.

Congratulations to Joel Trammell for the upcoming launch of his new book, "The CEO Tightrope: How to Master the Balancing Act of a Successful CEO".  It will be released in September 2014, but I am fortunate to have an advance copy, which I am happily reading.

I have known Joel for a long time.  We are not friends in the way that we go out for beers or coffee (although I would enjoy chatting with him more), but I have always admired how he served as CEO of several successful Austin companies, and was still available and visible to the community.  He is considered one of the most approachable and generous executives in the local tech community.

This book is a good read.  It shows what lays ahead for those who ascend to the top, and he spells out the good and bad that comes with the ultimate responsibility.  

Another reason I think this book is cool is because I am the father of a teenage daughter who has aspirations to become a CEO.  While she is still a high school student, she looks toward a future of running companies.  At her age she does not fully know what that means or the responsibilities involved, but this book is an ideal resource for her to clarify her ambitions.  I hope she will read it this summer (one can't make a teen read a book!!!), as to have access to this first hand advice before she even gets to college could have a lifetime impact.

Thanks to Joel's team for offering me the pre-release copy.  I am excited to have it featured as week #107 of "Cool Things My Friends Do".  It is a great book.  Get yours on Amazon.

Discover more about Joel Trammell on his website: The American CEO.

Have A Great Day

thom singer

No comments: