Saturday, January 17, 2015

Cool Things My Friends Do (Week #122) - Kim Trumbo To Write Children's Book

Each week on this blog I enjoy highlighting some of the cool things my friends do in their personal and professional lives.

My friend Kim Trumbo is writing a children's book about generosity, and has launched a Kickstarter campaign to raise the money to produce the book.  

***I met Kim through my podcasting adventure (there are so many cool people in the podcast community).  She has a great soul and I am happy to feature her project as week #122 of "Cool Things My Friends Do".

This story is about a generous giraffe named "George" who is very generous and teaches kids about generosity. Kim's passion in the past year has been hosting a podcast called, "Generosity Philosophy." With the podcast she highlight stories of people who are out in our world doing generous acts and deeds. It's very encouraging and inspiring to hear these stories. With the podcast she has been encouraging the adults and teens who listen to give back to others and be a bit more generous in their lives. 




While, encouraging adults and teens is all good and dandy, she wanted to write a children's book to promote generosity to younger kids as well. 

With this book Kim hopes children all over the world will smile, giggle, and be inspired by George and his animal friends. Additionally, she wants to encourage them to begin thinking about generosity and how they can help others in need.

Check out her project and donate a few dollars (I did).

Have A Great Day

thom

No comments: